Branches are a tree’s larger, stronger limbs that are suitable for making tools with.
Break leaf blocks that are on the innermost layer of a tree, right next to the trunk. The outer leaves won’t drop branches. The chance of getting branches depends on the tool you are using:
- Bare hands: 20% chance
- Axe: 100% chance
Only the above tools will yield branch drops. You can’t just go around hitting leaves with any random object you happen to be holding!
Crafting. Put a branch in the crafting grid with an axe to craft a wooden shaft.
Fuel. Branches can be burned in a furnace for five seconds (100 ticks).
In the config settings, branches can be tweaked in the following ways:
- You can prevent branches from being crafted into wooden shafts. This will prevent you from making fires in Darkest Before Dawn.
- You can disable branches completely (will not drop from leaves). This will prevent you from making wooden shafts and fires in Darkest Before Dawn.
- You can toggle whether branches should drop from leaves that aren’t next to a log block.
- You can control how many branches drop when breaking leaves. The default is one.
- You can decide whether the chance of dropping branches should depend on what tool is being used.
- If the prior option is turned on, you can specify the percentage chance of branches dropping for bare hands and axe.