Plant fibers are the fibrous stalks of grass and other plants, used to make cordage (twine) in ancient times.
Break tall grass or any double-tall plant except sugar cane. The chance of getting plant fibers depends on the tool you are using:
- Bare hands: 50% chance
- Shovel: 70% chance
- Axe: 100% chance
Only the above tools will yield plant fiber drops. You can’t just go around hitting tall grass with any random object you happen to be holding!
Crafting. Two or three plant fibers can be braided into one or two pieces of cordage.
Fuel. Plant fibers can be burned in a furnace for half a second (10 ticks).
In the config settings, plant fibers can tweaked in the following ways:
- You can disable plant fibers completely (will not drop from tall grass).
- You can prevent plant fibers from being crafted into cordage.
- You can control how many plant fibers drop when breaking tall grass. The default is one.
- You can decide whether the chance of dropping plant fibers should depend on what tool is being used.
- If the prior option is turned on, you can specify the percentage chance of plant fibers dropping for bare hands, shovel, and axe.